The top trends for next year's season of flowers. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, in the words of Miranda Priestly, "Florals for spring? Groundbreaking..." Let's take a look at the Spring 2014 trends (aside from the obvious florals) shall we?
- Matchy, matchy. (Thank God!) The mixing prints thing was getting too complicated. Plus, I have yet to master it. I'm all for matching your tops and bottoms, thank you very much, so am whole-heartedly welcoming this change.
- Crop tops. Brace yourselves–they're here to stay. Fortunately, you have the entire winter to twerk your way into six pack abs.
- High Contrast. Two of my favorite colors! One–the combination of all colors. The other–the absence of color. We're talking black and white, ladies, and there's no grey area in between.
- Metallics. Also currently trending, fall's liquid metals will (thankfully) carry over into spring. (Psst! This means you can make some investment purchases.)
- Flats. Sick of running around in heels? Trade up (or down, rather) in a chic pair of flats. Life just got easier.
1. Ciara. The look is true to VMAs style-sheer, sparkly, and fun. For some reason, it reminds me of Beyonce and Britney Spears, but I still think Ciara makes it her own. And I love the feathers!
2. Selena Gomez. I'm obsessed! This is figure flattering and sexy, but not over the top. It's very streamlined and sleek.
3. Holland Roden. This look would've been number one had it been any other appearance other than the VMAs. It's a far cry from the typical style of the evening, but I still think it's super glamorous and amazing! Definitey my style.
4. Lady Gaga. Though I wish she would've revved up her beauty look (what's up with the bare face and dark hair lately?), she still wears this Prabal Gurung stunner well.
5. Mary Lambert. She opted for a super classy choice. I love that she's dripping in sequins and the dress flatters her so well!
Honorable Mention: Taylor Swift. She looked fabulous, but I'm a little over the '20s style. I would've liked to have seen her in something more fun and flashy.
Who knew overalls could be so chic? I bet you never thought you'd see the day where I posted about them. (I mean, really, "She could be a farmer in those clothes!") But Julianne Hough stepped out in style in a look that would make for a perfect date night get-up. The midriff baring top is sexy, but with the jumpsuit it still leaves a little room for the imagination. I would add chunky earrings or some short baubles to up the ante.
Fall is almost here, but that hasn't stopped the likes of Lily Collins, Rooney Mara, and Diane Kruger from showing off their toned stomachs.
But let's face it, not all of us can wear this trend. However, for those who can wear it--I salute you! And I have some advice for you, too. The style can lose its appeal when worn wrong. Pair with longer skirts (that hit right at the knee or a bit below) or with loose fitting trousers. Whatever you do, the style looks best when your belly button is covered.
Summer is drawing to a close, but there's no reason you can't still pull out your favorite floral dress. Besides, it's still raging hot outside! Sienna Miller looks amazing in this floral fit and flare Dolce and Gabbana dress, and the black strappy heels are the perfect touch. She keeps it low key and simple with a pair of silver chandelier earrings.
Perfect for parties, brunch, or any casual-chic occasion!
Bold color, anyone? Get ready for red this fall with the perfect little red dress. Olivia Wilde inspired this trend with her red strapless Osman dress and scarlet pout. I love how matchy-matchy it is! Plus the simple accessories make this show-stopping color stand out on its own.
Red is one of those colors that looks amazing on everyone! Find the right silhouette for your shape, and you'll be ready to rock your LRD in no time!
My obsession last week consisted of this little gold bag that my boss wore to an event. It's one of those "Omg, where did you get that?" kind of bags, and even though I can't afford it right now, I'm keeping it on my wishlist. Get the Matt Bernson clutch here.