If you are headed to work on Halloween but still need to look presentable while celebrating the holiday, here are two sure ways to show your affection for the holiday without looking too scary:
THE HUNGER GAMES: KATNISS
This look is super easy to recreate and consists of basically a fishtail braid and light makeup. Here's how to get the look:
1. Start with a clean face and dry hair, then use a dollop of Pantene Beautiful Lengths Strengthen and Smooth Finishing Crème to add texture and smooth frizziness.
2. Starting on the side where the hair is parted, pull a fairly large section of hair from behind the ear to start a reverse French braid – almost like a corn row. Grab small sections as you go, making sure the braid is tight. (Be sure to angle to braid so it swoops down around the neck.)
3. Secure the end of the braid with an elastic band. Then take about an inch of hair from around the face and wiggle it out of the braid. Loosely wrap that section of hair around the barrel of a curling iron and set.
4. Spray hair with Pantene Pro-V Stylers Anti-Humidity Maximum Hold Hairspray.
5. Pull out another strand of hair on the opposite side and let it hang loose or pin it back if it’s too long.
6. Starting at the top, massage the braid to pull it apart loosely so it’s not super structured. Once complete, the braid should look a little bit messy.
7. Remember to keep makeup simple because Katniss is a hunter. Start with COVERGIRL + Olay Powder in a shade darker than your normal skin tone to warm up the complexion. Apply where the sun would naturally tan your face.
8. Use CoverGirl Outlast All Day Lipcolor ($10.49 at Walgreens) on lips and cheeks to create a subtle sunburn effect. Coat the top and bottom lashes with CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara ($6.94 at Target) mascara.
When you’re finished, you should have a wilderness look, like you’ve been hunting for days!
TRUE BLOOD: SOOKIE
For a something a bit more vampy, check out this easy Sookie look. All you really need is a light based powder, red lipstick, and soft curls.
1. Using a soft shadow brush, apply a generous layer of CoverGirl Eye Enhancers 1 Kit Eyeshadow ($3.19 at drugstore.com) in Brown Smolder to your upper and lower eyelid. Create a smoky-eye by applying brown eyeliner to your upper and lower lash lines.
2. Curl eyelashes and apply two coats of COVERGIRL LashBlast Volume mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
3. Create an ethereal glow by applying shimmer to the eyes and cheekbones.
4. Now use the COVERGIRL OutLast All-Day Lipcolor on lips to give that just bitten, sexy look. (Bonus: Add “bite marks” on your neck using the same Lipcolor.)
5. On to the hair! First start by misting Pantene Pro-V Stylers Heat Protection Spray all over. Next, separate hair’s layers to make the curling process easier. Grab a 1 – 1.5 inch section of hair, wrap around the barrel of a curling iron and roll left. Grab another section of hair, but this time, roll right. Repeat these steps until the whole head is curled. Next, gently go through strands with your fingers to break up curls and add volume. Finally, spray Aussie You Can Shine Spray Gloss throughout to boost shine.
Voila! Now you have the True Blood look.