Don't bid old makeup products goodbye just yet--you can still get some more use for them! If you're like me and hate to see those pricey makeup items go to waste, read on for how you can get the most out of your makeup!
- Use a lip brush to scoop out every bit of your favorite product. I used to hate when I could still see lipstick in the bottom of the tube, but I couldn't push the applicator up anymore. It's such a waste of product! Instead, scoop out the remaning makeup by using your lip brush or even a Q-tip.
- Don't throw away broken powders. It happens all of the time, you're favorite powder drops and busts all over the counter. (Totally speaking from experience here.) Don't be ashamed to pick up those broken pieces! Put them back into your makeup compact and add a few drops of rubbing alcohol. the powder will set back together in the metal pan!
- Remove the lid. If you squeeze the shampoo bottle and nothing comes out but you know there's more product in there--remove the top! It sounds pretty obvious, but you'd be surprised at how many women will just throw a product out even if there are a few more good applications left in the bottle.
- Let your lipstick double as blush and vice versa. Here's what I love about blush and lipstick--it's pretty much a dual use product. You can apply one to your cheeks and your lips!
- Use what you already have before buying new products. It's easy to get into a makeup rut, find yourself at Walgreens and pick up every shade of Essie nail polish. Instead, take a look in your makeup drawer to see what you already have. You might fall in love with an old product once again!