Have you began spring cleaning yet? I've taken on a few projects piece by piece, but when it comes to what's in my closet, I'm still evaluating what should stay and what should go. After all, trends evolve. While one item may never ben in style again, another might be in style again next year. So, how'll you decide what to keep, store and throw out?
- Anything 60s or 70s inspired: Maxi dresses, oversized sunglasses, wide leg pants, and rompers.
- Nautical fashions: Stripes, capris, and sailor embellishments are definitely hot this summer!
- Feminine Textures: Keep the ruffles, lace, and crochet for an extra girly look.
- The Basics: Don't throw out your denim vests and skinny trousers! Although wide leg pants are in, skinnies are also still popular.
- Animal Prints: I don't believe in giving away anything leopard print! But snakeskin can take a backseat for now, and giraffe print should be immediately discarded.
- Tailored Pieces: Definitely keep your blazers, straight leg trousers, and oxfords. Preppy is still in, and tailored is always fabulous for workwear.
- Boyfriend Jeans: If you're sweet on the menswear trend, opt for something more tailored and less baggy.
- Military Pieces: This was never a favorite trend of mine, so I couldn't be happier to tell you it's time to put up the cargo pants, military jackets, and everything camouflage.
- Punk Fashion: Though punk clothing looked fabulous on the Spring 2011 runways, I think you should keep your studded pieces to a bare minimum during the summer. To me, the ideal summer fashions are lightweight and airy, not overtaken by heavy, metallic embellishments.