It doesn't matter if you have a boyfriend, fiance, husband, or not. This Valentine's Day celebrate by loving yourself. Women's magazines will tell you that he'll love you if you bake him cookies, look like Scarlett Johannsson or contort your body into a sexy human pretzel. But, my beloved beauties, they are sadly mistaken. Men will love you only after you love yourself first.
Almost every girl struggles with self confidence, but today you should feel great about yourself! Here are 14 ways to love who you are!
- Embrace your beauty marks. Cindy Crawford became famous for it.
- Think positive thoughts, even when you're having a bad day.
- Walk faster! Walking 25% faster will make to you look and feel more important.
- Speak up. Don't let your voice fall silent. By making an effort to speak up at least once in every group discussion, you’ll become a better public speaker, more confident in your own thoughts, and recognized as a leader by your peers.
- Make the gap between your two front teeth chic, like Georgia May Jagger and Madonna.
- Dont' cover up your freckles! Marsha Brady tried to do it with lemon juice. I'm not sure if it ever took, but realize that your freckles are fabulous!
- Love your race. Don't be ashamed of your heritage and don't let anyone slow you down because of their prejudices.
- Hang out with your best friend. You need friends to help you through those rough times, and she's always been there for you!
- Enjoy chocolate without guilt. If you're struggling with weight, don't worry about it today. Have a piece of chocolate or two!
- Go for a long walk. Excercising releases positive endorphins. It might take you a minute to get motivated to go walking, but once you do you'll feel better after!
- Be thankful. We are a blessed country. You aren't going to bed hungry. You have a roof over your head. Life is not that bad. Look at what you do have, instead of coveting what you don't have. Chances are, you have more than you think!
- Paint your nails. It sounds ridiculous, but take the time to pamper yourself a little bit today. Give yourself an at-home manicure. When I pay attention to little beauty details like painting my nails, I always feel so much better!
- Love your size. Marilyn Monroe's size has been debated for decades, but whatever her true size is... who cares? Love who you are.
- Write yourself a love letter. Sounds cheesy, I know. But take time today to write down positive things about yourself. We women spend so much time (me especially) beating ourselves up more so than praising our good attributes. Maybe its our inclination to think of it as vanity, but really it's just self confidence!
Challenge yourself to do at least one thing from this list, and tell me what it is below!